The JR Clarke Public Library will soon begin a process of reopening. The process will be done in phases based on the recommendations from the Governor of Ohio, the State Library of Ohio, the Ohio Library Council, and our J.R. Clarke Trustee Board.
The “limited” Phase 1 will begin Monday, May 4, 2020. The library will resume regularly scheduled hours, but will include the following:
1. No patrons will be allowed inside the library during Phase 1.
2. All Staff Librarians will be wearing masks and gloves.
3. There will be two windows open for checking out of materials…by the North Door and by the South Door. There are also locations for Book Drop Off on each side.
4. Patrons can check out books from J.R. Clarke Library ONLY. During Phase 1, there is NO DELIVERY of books from other COOL Libraries in our consortium. (Please note that our library has no control over when the delivery will commence.)
5. Patrons can search our books from home on their computer or cell phone.
SEARCHING FOR BOOKS AT J.R. CLARKE LIBRARY
- Go to ACCOUNTS/CATALOGS, click the down arrow
- Choose BROWSE THE CATALOG
Cell Phone: Download the COOL Libraries app. (It is a picture of a “cat” and says COOL Libraries)
- You will have to sign in with your LIBRARY CARD number and your PIN. If you do not know your card number or PIN, please call the library at 937-473-2226 and we will assist you.
- Click on SEARCH to show the J.R. Clarke Library Catalog. You can look for books by KEYWORD (click the down arrow for more options) and ALL FORMATS (Click the down arrow to choose the type of format you want.
6. After this: Make a list of the books that you would like to checkout. Either contact the library at 937-473-2226 and give us your list over the phone OR send the list to email@example.com
7. Note: It may take up to 48 hours to process your request. Our staff will then contact you that the books/DVD’s are ready for pick-up at the North or South windows. We might give you a pick-up time or you would be able to pick up the order of books no later than ½ hour prior to closing time.
8. If you do not have WiFi, please come to our north parking lot. The WiFi is available 24/7.
9. HELP FOR PATRONS, WHO DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO OUR SEARCH CATALOG, please contact our staff by phone at 937-473-2226, and we will help you with what type of book(s) you may want.
9. COMING SOON! J.R. Clarke Public Library will soon have their own YOUTUBE page with short instructional videos on how to search for books/DVD’s through our WEBSITE or the COOL app. We will be adding to this Instructional Video Library to help everyone access the Ohio Web Library, the Ohio Digital Library (ebooks for cell phones, tablets or computers) or ANY of our other databases for your everyday use.
11. Please Note: Subsequent phases of reopening will be announced as they are defined.