The library has many tasks that may be done by volunteers. If you are a high school student and need volunteer hours, we are a perfect match for this activity. If you are a member of the community and want to be of service in some way, give us a call. The work that our volunteers do is very much appreciated. If this interests you, contact the library at (937) 473-2226.
Friends of the Library
The Friends of the J. R. Clarke Public Library is a volunteer, 501(c)3 non-profit organization. The Friends support the library through both volunteerism and financial assistance. These volunteers support our Summer and Winter Reading Programs by sponsoring two book sales throughout the year. New volunteers are always needed. If you would like more information and other volunteer opportunities, please contact the library at (937) 473-2226.
The library welcomes donations. A monetary gift to the library is a meaningful way to honor or memorialize a loved one which benefits the entire community. We strive to make our library a center for learning and leisure and a source of community pride. Your contribution directly helps us realize this goal. Book donations in memory of a loved one is an excellent way to give a lasting remembrance of your loved one.
Donated used materials may be added to our collection if they are needed and are in good condition. Otherwise, materials will be sold by the Friends of the Library at their book sales.
The library will, if requested, provide a written acknowledgement of the gift for income tax purposes.
To make a donation contact the library at (937) 473-2226.
Donate Historic Photos for our Archives
Historic photo donations may also be made, whether they are prints or in digital format, for use in our online historic photo archive. All photo prints donated will be converted to a digital format and returned to the owner as quickly as possible. Digital photos should be provided in the highest possible resolution possible for charity. Those who donate images will have their names or company name on the online historic photo archive portal.
If you have historic images you would like to donate, please call the library at 937-473-2226. We will convert the photos you provide into digital format and return the originals to you.
Book, Media and Materials (Donation Policy)
Thank you for donating your books/media/materials to the J. R. Clarke Public Library.
- Donated Items must be in very good condition and must be delivered to the Library during regular business hours.
- Donation are limited to no more than three (3) boxes, except by prior arrangement with the Director
- Listed below are items that J.R. Clarke Library CANNOT accept. Please note:
- Items in poor physical condition: For example: water damage, broken spine, mold or mildew, missing and/or yellowed pages.
- Books, which have been written in or highlighted, such as school, college texts, etc.
- Items previously purchased from the Friends of J.R. Clarke Library’s Book Sales
- Encyclopedias, textbooks, study guides, workbooks, computer instruction books, etc.
- Reader’s Digest condensed books.
- Magazines of any kind (including National Geographic)
- VHS, Cassette Tapes, incomplete DVD/CD sets or sets without the original cover intact.
- Games/Puzzles that are incomplete and/or in poor condition; taped boxes, etc.
- Please note that “donations” are tax-deductible. Receipts acknowledging your donation are available at the Circulation Desk. We are not able to assign a dollar amount or value to your donation. If accepted, your donation may be added to the Library collections, placed in the Friends of the Library’s books sales or offered to other local libraries and/or agencies. Due to the large volume of donations we receive, we regret that we are unable to return donated items that the library cannot use.
- If the Donation is of Historical Content; related to the community and/or county, historical family genealogies, historical artifacts, etc. J.R. Clarke Library will be very interested in looking over these items.
Please contact the Library Director at 937-473-2226 for additional information. Thank you !