COVID-19 Phase 2
JR Clarke Public Library is pleased to announce that we are beginning Phase 2 of our process of re-opening on Monday, June 1 with regular hours. This progression will be completed in several phases based on the recommendations from the Governor of Ohio, The Ohio Library Council, our J.R. Clarke Trustee Board and the Miami County Health Department. Our goal is to continue providing excellent service and maintain a healthy environment for all who enter.
The “limited” Phase 2 will begin on Monday, June 1, 2020 with the following recommendations for our patrons.
- Our library staff has their temperatures taken daily and will be wearing a mask in the library.
- All patrons will enter and leave from the north doors. The large “toter” will remain in the north foyer for return books. Please do not take these return items to the circulation desk.
- There will be a small table in the northern foyer with directions for patrons who enter the library. Please follow them in order.
- J.R. Clarke recommends that all patrons wear a mask.
- Social distancing rules will be followed.
- Hand Sanitizer is available and is to be used before entering the main library.
- The total number of patrons will be forty-five (45) at any one time in the library with a 45-minute visit enforced.
- Anyone the age of 14 and under needs to be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note, there will be two available computers for ADULT use only with a 30 minute limit.
- All library services will be available for the community, organizations and schools.
- These regulations will be adjusted and improved according to their “successful” implementation.
- Our Summer Reading Program will begin June 29 with the kick-off event being held on July 3 from 10:00-11:30am. The Summer Reading Program will end with a finale on the evening of August 8.
If you have any questions, please contact the library at 937-473-2226