Wednesday evenings, beginning at 6:15 pm, is our YOGA evening! If you have never tried YOGA as an exercise or stress reduction,
check out these ten ways that YOGA can benefit YOU!
YOGA AND LIFE SKILLS www.doyouyoga.com (August 3, 2018) Excerpts taken from the article
1. Focus on your breathing and the various YOGA poses and RELAX
2. REPETITION can be good for you! There is comfort in familiarity. If you want to do something well, you must practice.
This is a LIFE SKILL
3. MODERATION...It is good to remember that you must do all things in moderation. BALANCE is necessary to develop
your LIFE SKILLS.
4. FOCUS ON "THE NOW" - Remember that sometimes when you are in an uncomfortable hip opening pose, just breathe
into the discomfort and learn to embrace it. Life is full of uncomfortable situation and you should be able to dive into them head-on!
Remember...it's not forever, it's just for now and this too shall pass.
5. YOU ARE IMPORTANT...TAKE TIME TO NURTURE YOUR BODY AND YOUR SOUL! Do what you love and
practice it with all of your heart.
6. YOU ALWAYS HAVE CHOICES...Many times we do not like the choices life presents us with. Thankfully, when it comes to
YOGA, you always have the choice to go for "Child's Pose" when the struggle to hold a pose or embrace discomfort gets too much.
7. COMMUNITY! We are all in this together. We are together in YOGA class. You are not,and never will be, alone.
8. ARCHITECT OF YOUR OWN PRACTICE! Do what feels best and feels right in your body. This is the same for your LIFE.
Live your LIFE the BEST yo can!
9. SERIOUSLY?? Learn to laugh at yourself. Nobody's perfect and even the best fall down sometimes (literally in YOGA.) What makes all the difference in LIFE is HOW YOU DEAL WITH IT! Humor and Laughter, together, are one of the best parts.
10. FAILURE CAN BE GOOD! We all learn the most about our own lives from the things we may fail at. EMBRACE all that you are, it makes for a much more interesting life experience!